You work in the accounting department at your U.S. based company. The Vice President enters your office and asks you for a check for $250.00 for expenses he tells you he incurred taking a client to a late dinner the night before. He provides you with receipts for a dinner for two at one of the most expensive restaurants in the city. A few minutes later, you head over to the employee lounge and pass by his receptionist who is telling someone else how the VP proposed to his girlfriend the night before at that same restaurant. You decide you need to alert the CEO to the situation.
- Write a Corporate Memo in Microsoft Word (minimum two pages) to the CEO that describes your ethical and legal concerns in the given business situation.
- Address the following:
- What are the ethical concerns in the given business situation?
- What is the relationship between ethics and law in business (including consequences when either is violated)?
- Provide both a business solution and at least one law that would support you in reporting this situation to the CEO.
- Use at least three credible sources. These should be cited and in APA format.