Special education teachers often provide training and support to general education teachers to promote successful inclusive practices in their classrooms. Understanding expectations, facilitating social skills, and designing and evaluating the effectiveness of positive learning environments helps all students, especially those with disabilities, learn and be productive in school.
Create a 12-15 slide digital presentation, to be given to general classroom teachers in a professional development setting, on inclusion and classroom management strategies that can be incorporated into classrooms. Include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
The presentation should help the general education teachers build their skills in the following areas:
- Identifying realistic expectations for the personal and social behaviors of students with mild to moderate disabilities in a general education inclusive classroom.
- Assisting individuals with mild to moderate disabilities to develop their interpersonal skills for educational and other social environments.
- Designing learning environments that motivate and encourage active participation in individual and group activities for individuals with and without disabilities.
- Organizing, developing, and sustaining learning environments that support positive multicultural experiences.
- Using collaborative learning groups and project-based activities to help individuals with and without disabilities practice self-determination and self-advocacy skills.
Support your findings with a 3-5 scholarly resources.