Read the case by Byrne-Jiménez and Orr (2012), “Thinking in Three Dimensions: Leadership for Capacity Building, Sustainability, and Succession,” from the University Library.
Write a 250- to 300-word response to the following:
- Discuss the concept of multiple dimensions in instructional leadership. Consider the following:
- How does one decide which dimensions are most important? Who decides?
- How many dimensions should there be?
- How might one manage the process of addressing, thinking about, and preparing for each dimension?
- When asked why he spends so much time with his staff, Dr. Donaldson replied, “To foster meaningful relationships with staff, initiate and drive conversations around academic achievement, share information about the organization and provide ongoing support” (Byrne-Jiménez and Orr, 2012, p. 37). Do you agree with this approach? Why or why not? Discuss some of the pros and cons to this approach.
Include your own experience as well as 2 citations that align with or contradict your comments as sourced from peer-reviewed academic journals, industry publications, books, and/or other sources. Cite your sources using APA formatting. If you found contradicting information to what your experience tells you, explain why you agree or disagree with the research.
Review your classmates’ posts. Respond to at least one of your colleagues in a post of at least 150 words. Explain why you agree or disagree with that post. Then, share an example from your professional experience to support your assertions.