Please write a 400 -500 words personal statement in response to the prompt below.
Please describe a meaningful educational experience that has been valuable to you but was not directly related to an academic class. Some examples are extra-curricular activities, community service projects, internships, or other life events. What did you learn about yourself and your educational and career goals?
Tips for writing the statement:
• Address the prompt.
• Support your statement with specific, concrete examples.
• Avoid sweeping generalizations and clichés (overused statements).
• Communicate your ideas clearly.
• Organize your statement logically. Examples would be to organize your points from most important to least important or by chronology.
• Proofread carefully for grammatical and typographical errors.