Cloud Computing :
Discussion 1 –
This is a required assignment worth 75 points (75-points/1000-points). Assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts. Select from the following list four (4) topics and discuss. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer. The discussion questions this week are from Chapter’s 10-13 (Jamsa, 2013).Chapter 10 topics:
- Define and describe business continuity.
- Define and describe disaster recovery.
- Discuss pros and cons of cloud-based backup operations.
- Discuss threats to an IT data center infrastructure and provide cloud-based solutions to mitigate the risks.
- Create a DRP for a company with which you are familiar.
Chapter 11 topics:
- Define software architecture.
- Define and describe SOA.
- Compare and contrast a web page and a web service.
- Search the Web for companies that offer web services and then describe three to five web services that programmers might integrate into the applications they create.
- Discuss what it means for a web service to be interoperable.
Chapter 12 topics:
- Discuss key items that should be included in an SLA.
- Define predictive analytics and discuss how an IT manager might use such analytics.
- Discuss how an IT manager might use load testing on a site.
- Define and discuss vendor lock-in and identify steps a company should take to mitigate this risk.
- With respect to cloud-based solutions, list and discuss 5 to 10 operations or tasks an IT manager should oversee.
Chapter 13 topics:
- List and describe common system requirements one should consider before moving an application to the cloud.
- Discuss why a company should consider using a consultant to oversee a cloud migration and list specific skills you would expect the consultant to have.
- List and discuss resource utilization characteristics one should monitor for an application prior to moving the application to the cloud.
- List possible training requirements for an SaaS solution integration, a PaaS application migration, and an IaaS application migration.
- List and describe budget considerations one should evaluate before moving an application to the cloud.
- List and describe IT governance considerations one should evaluate before moving an application to the cloud.
- Define and describe cloud bursting.
Note: You are required to use at least two-peer reviewed sources (besides your textbook) to answer the above questions.
Discussion 1 page needed…
Operational Excellence Course :
Discussion 2 –
This week we focus on the knowledge management cycle noted in Figure 5.3 in the Information Technology and Organizational Learning text. Note the various aspects of knowledge management, continuous innovation, and competitive advantage and how they integrate with one another.
Your response should be 250-300 words. Respond to two postings provided by your classmates.
Discussion 1 Page needed…
Paper – 1
Information Systems for Business and Beyond Questions:
- Chapter 5 – study questions 1-9, Exercise 1 & 3
Information Technology and Organizational Learning Assignment:
- Chapter 5 – Review the Roles of Line Management and Social Network and Information Technology sections. Note the various roles in the organization and note the similarities and differences within each role. Also, note how innovation technology management shapes how we communicate amongst coworkers within an organization.
The above submission should be one-page in length and adhere to APA formatting standards.**Remember the APA cover page and the references (if required) do not count towards the page length**Note the first assignment should be in one section and the second section should have the information from the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment. The paper requirements for the two-pages applies to the second part of the assignment directly related to the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment.
Paper 3 Pages needed…