Character: Significance and Application in Criminal Justice
After reading Chapters 4 and 10 in Banks (2016), examine the need for strong, moral character for all participants in the criminal justice system. In your paper,
- Explain how a criminal justice agency can ensure that it hires moral individuals;
- Provide strategies for creating accountability in the area of ethical training and action;
- Explain how an organization can create an expectation for moral conduct; and
- Discuss how an organization can measure progress towards a moral and just criminal justice department.
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu
- Chapter 4: Racial Discrimination in the Criminal Justice System
- Chapter 10: Ethics and the “War on Terrorism”