Career Options for Counselor Educators and Supervisors
For this assignment, use the resources from your studies to explore your interest in career options of counselor educators and supervisors and identify program and professional resources that will support your development on your doctoral journey.
Prepare the following:
- Identify and compare two career options for Counselor Education and Supervision professionals who emphasize counseling, teaching, research and scholarship, or leadership and advocacy roles. Describe the roles and activities typically included in each.
- 2 career options: College Professor at the graduate level and school counselor supervisor
- Evaluate your personal interest in the two career options you identified and compared. Briefly describe your potential dissertation topic under consideration, and how the topic relates to one of the areas required by CACREP for Counselor Education and Supervision dissertations (counselor education, counseling practice, counseling supervision, leadership, and/or advocacy).
- Potential Dissertation Topic: School Counselor Perceptions working with school based mental health counselor
- Describe Capella University resources and tools that will assist you in your development of scholar-practitioner skills.
- Identify organizations and publications that support scholarship for counselor educators and supervisors.
- Describe what you see as your greatest personal resources for completing your doctoral journey. Identify what additional resources and skills you will need to
strengthen or acquire to be successful in your doctoral journey.
Your assignment should be prepared in APA style to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Employ effective academic communication skills in a manner consistent with members of the counseling profession.
- Length: 3–5 double-spaced pages, excluding the cover page and references list. Include page numbers, headings, and running heads.
- References: A minimum of four current scholarly articles to support your work. Your sources should be less than 5 years old.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.