This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to assess leadership styles, traits, and practices as a nursing professional, establish the importance of effective interprofessional communication as a leader in nursing, and to explore the role of servant leadership in nursing practice.
Read the study materials on leadership and complete the topic quiz activities to better understand your leadership qualities.
Upon completion, summarize and share with your group what you learned about your specific leadership qualities, so you can become familiar with how you are similar and different from your peers when it comes to being a leader.
As a group, review the study materials related to servant leadership. Using what you have learned about the tenets of servant leadership and traits and practices of successful leaders, create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes. Add an additional slide for references at the end of your presentation.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Each group member: Create a slide that summarizes your leadership style, traits, and practices.
- Compare the personal leadership styles of your group members, including commonalities between group members’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain why it is important for nursing professionals to be aware of their personal leadership style, traits, and practices.
- Discuss what leadership traits and styles are necessary to be an effective communicator. Explain the importance of leaders adapting communication approaches when working interprofessionally (across ancillary departments, vendors, community members).
- Discuss how nursing professionals can benefit from integrating the tenets of servant leadership to empower and influence others as they lead.
- Discuss how leaders who practice servant leadership and have a strong understanding of their personal leadership traits can successfully lead others and navigate the unique challenges that are part of nursing and health care. Provide two examples that illustrate your main ideas.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assis
Expert Solution Preview
Introduction: As a medical professor responsible for designing and conducting lectures, evaluating the performance of medical students, and providing feedback through examinations and assignments, the topic of leadership in healthcare is crucial. In this Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment, nursing professionals are required to assess their leadership styles, traits, and practices, and establish the importance of effective interprofessional communication. Moreover, the role of servant leadership in nursing practice is explored to empower and influence others effectively.
Q: What is the purpose of this CLC assignment?
A: The purpose of this CLC assignment is to assess leadership styles, traits, and practices as a nursing professional, establish the importance of effective interprofessional communication as a leader in nursing, and to explore the role of servant leadership in nursing practice.
Q: What are the requirements for the PowerPoint presentation?
A: The PowerPoint presentation should have 10-12 slides with speaker notes. The contents of the presentation should include each group member’s leadership style, traits, and practices, a comparison of personal leadership styles, the importance of personal leadership awareness, necessary leadership traits and styles for effective communication, the importance of adapting communication approaches when working interprofessionally, the integration of tenets of servant leadership, and successful navigation of unique nursing challenges. The presentation should have at least two examples to illustrate the main ideas and have a references slide. A minimum of three sources must be cited, published within the last five years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice. While APA style is not required for the body of the assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.