- a) What is the aim of a business (large or small) when implementing an Information System?
- b) How has this rational evolved in the last 50 years? How are decision made by the CIO different from the ones made back then?
- c) What are the functions of an information system?
- d) List the components of an information system infrastructure.
- e) Explain what the difference between a binary and a decimal system is, and why information system hardware only can process binary strings at their
- f) Explain in your own words the difference between human readable information and machine code. Is there any way to translate one into the other and
- g) Define DATA, INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM in your own words.
- h) Provide 5 real life examples on how implementing automated data handling improves business performance and profits. Can you list some business
processes which were not possible to perform before the information age?