3 PAGE DOUBLE SPACED
12 PT TIMES NEW ROMAN
Do the following:
- Research the history of medical education from the 1800s, 1960s, early 2000s, and today.
- You will need to include four references in your paper, one of which can be your textbook.
- Use the course resources provided for the remaining references, or locate your own resources.
- Write an introduction to your paper.
- Include a brief explanation of the purpose of the paper and its main ideas.
- In The Changing Scope of Medical Education section of the assignment template, analyze the scope of the changes in medical education from the 1800s to today.
- How widespread are the newer technologies impacting medical training?
- Have there been mandated changes or have there been cultural changes that have impacted medical education?
- In the Apprenticeship Model vs. Academic Model section of the assignment template, compare and contrast the apprenticeship and academic models of medical education in the 1800s, 1960s, 2000s, and today.
- Describe the apprenticeship model and the academic model.
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences in their features.
- Analyze how the models have evolved over time and the impact the evolution of these models has had on the quality of patient care.
- In the Importance of Understanding History of Medicine section of the assignment template, explain the importance of understanding the history of medical education in order to help improve medical education in the future.
- Write a conclusion to your paper in which you summarize the main themes you addressed.
- Cite all the resources you used in your paper in APA format. Refer to Evidence and APA in the Capella Writing Center for help with using APA style.